Lactation and Breastfeeding Help
- New York State's Largest Distributer of Breast Pumps and nursing accessories as a DME (Durable Medical Equipment) Provider.
- Fax/email Rx to A-Med Supplies (24-48 hr delivery)
- p: (845) 783-6678
- Fax (845) 783-1173
Ameda, Maureen Crissy, RN, BSN, IBCLC, Clinical Development Manager
Medela, Andrea Hopkins, Rep.
World Wide Surgical (Brooklyn)
- p: 877-605-6005
Breastfeeding Coalitions and Networks
Columbia Greene Breastfeeding Task Force
Contact: Mary at [email protected]
Contact: Cara Stanley, MPA, CLC at 914-922-2240, ext-102
Contact: [email protected]
Sullivan County Breastfeeding Coalition
Contact: Stephanie at 845-492-9027
Contact: Patti at 607-778-2845
Twin Tier Breastfeeding Network
Contact: Pat at 607-737-2899 or Renee at 607-735-5717
- Ancient Song Doula Services is an international doula certifying organization founded in the Fall of 2008 in Brooklyn, New York with the goal to offer quality Doula Services to Women of Color and Low- Income Families who otherwise would not be able to afford Doula Care and training a workforce of full-spectrum doulas to address health inequities within the communities they want to serve.
- To activate and engage through education, comprehensive training, inclusion, and holistic care.
- Everyone deserves an empowered birth experience where they are honored and respected for who they are, not treated differently, disrespectfully, or inadequately because of who they are.
- Bold Doula strives to support: teens, same-sex partners, C-Sections, VBAC's, members of the armed services, first-time mothers, single mothers, inductions, plus-size pregnancies, high-risk, and special needs pregnancies. Bold Doula has experience in home births, birth centers, and hospital environments.
- Sacred space for families part of the African Diaspora.
- Our doulas utilize ancient African pampering traditions to leave clients feeling empowered and strong, during pregnancy, labor, and the postpartum period.
- Lauren J. Turner produces powerful and beautiful artwork of black women birthing and breastfeeding.
- MidHudson Chocolate Milk is a Black-led 501(c)3 non-profit organization that engages in community outreach in the form of informative emotional support. Their focus is maternal mental health, they actively advocate lactation as a form of investment in postpartum care.
- Black Mamas Matter Alliance is a Black women-led cross-sectoral alliance. That center Black mamas to advocate, drive research, build power, and shift culture for Black maternal health, rights, and justice.
- The mission of the Black Breastfeeding Caucus is to mobilize families, communities, and public/private institutions to create strategies, make decisions and implement action steps that result in equitable breastfeeding support for black families.
- AABN’s mission is to promote breastfeeding as the natural and the best way to provide optimal nourishment to babies and young children.
- Eliminate stigma against breastfeeding in Black communities
- Educate Black communities about the importance of breastfeeding
- Educate Black families on the elements of breastfeeding
- Support Black breastfeeding families on their breastfeeding journeys
- Increase the visibility of Black breastfeeding families in our communities
- Improve the rates of breastfeeding in Black communities
- The SACRED Birth Study, led by Black women scholars in authentic partnerships with Black women-led/serving community-based organizations (CBOs), is designed to validate a patient-reported experience measure of obstetric racism also known as the PREM-OB Scale, for, by, and with impacted Black birthing communities.