The New York Milk Bank (NYMB) is dedicated to improving the health and survival of premature and medically fragile infants by providing pasteurized donor human milk when their mothers’ own milk is unavailable or insufficient. We are seeking an energetic and motivated person to fill the role of Communications Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling, experience in engaging and developing key audiences, a strong instinct to innovate and experiment with new ideas, and deep working knowledge of current digital marketing best practices. This team member should have a desire for improving the health of children and a desire to have a positive impact on communities. The Communications Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Develop and manage content for social media channels, marketing programs, and resources. Raise awareness of the NYMB mission by creating and sharing interesting, relevant, and engaging content. Identify new and innovative ways to enhance and expand NYMB’s presence and outreach to various stakeholders including milk donors and financial donors.
- Manage the NYMB website ensuring that the site is up to date and timely, accurate, representative of NYMB, and engaging to our audiences.
- Produce and coordinate the dissemination of NYMB’s monthly newsletter and other online outreach strategies.
- Design and edit large- and small-scale NYMB documents, designs, and templates.
- Develop and compile monthly reports and web analytics to inform content creation and dissemination; setting benchmarks and goals to track progress and growth.
- Work with the executive director to develop fundraising opportunities.
- Interact with and provide solutions for audience inquiries.
Maintain and uphold NYMB branding and messaging guidelines.
- Provide communication support to other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned (e.g., participate in donor screening).
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and two years relevant work experience or related internships
- Fluency in:
- Google Suite, Google ads, and SEO;
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tik Tok;
- Basic HTML and website publishing, especially via WordPress;
- Constant Contact (other database skills a plus);
- Fundraising CRM basic knowledge a plus, but not required;
- Photography, video, and graphic design skills a plus
- Experience creating compelling, engaging, and ROI-driven digital content.
- Experience building social media channels and executing social media strategy for maximum engagement, particularly for mission-driven non-profits.
- Individual must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and with a team, a self-starter with a high level of motivation, creativity, and proactivity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organization skills, high attention to detail, and able to follow established protocols.
- Ability to learn new tasks and multi-step processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Possess planning and time management skills.
- Ability to lift  pounds.
- Act in a professional manner.
Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt position, 40 hours/week (Monday - Friday)
Location: Valhalla, NY (hybrid work from home will be considered)
Required work authorization: United States