Analyst Intern – Part Time/Summer Intern - Cost Accounting Analysis (PT)
The New York Milk Bank is dedicated to improving the health and survival of infants by providing pasteurized donor human milk when their mothers’ own milk is unavailable or insufficient. We are seeking an energetic and motivated person to join our team! As part of our purpose-driven organization, this position plays a key role in helping to nourish premature and medically fragile babies so they can reach their full potential. The Cost Accounting Analysis Intern (Summer) is an essential position in achieving our mission.
The New York Milk Bank is looking for an intern for a project to determine the cost of the products provided to the medical community. This project is expected to be approximately 100-150 hours of analysis (20 hours per week over 6-8 weeks) and will be under the supervision of the Board Treasurer. The role is to work with the Treasurer in interviewing production staff, analyzing invoices and determining the components and costs utilized in the production of an oz. of milk.
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
● Interview production staff to identify components used to produce an oz. of milk
● Analyze invoices to determine the allocation of expenses across production
● Work with the Treasurer to build a cost accounting model to allow the ability to modify the calculation based upon changes in production
● Actively pursuing education in any of the following disciplines:
○ Financial Budgeting and Projection
○ Financial Modeling and Analysis
● Strong excel knowledge (including PivotTables, VLOOKUP, and Data Tables)
● Effective written and verbal communication skills
● Good at prioritizing tasks and organization
● Act in a professional, reliable and respectful manner
- Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt position. Approximate 20-25 hours per week. On-site.
- Location: Valhalla, NY
- Required work authorization: United States